The former leader of Brooks Instrument, Victaulic Company and Emerson Electric division to oversee global perations.... more
Company to donate safety vacuum release systems to public pools serving worthy cause that are not yet in compliance with Virginia Graeme Baker Pool & Spa Safety Act... more
Hayward is first company of its size to achieve 100% certification of field managers... more
The Material Planner plans materials, releases work orders and purchase parts for manufacturing in support of master production schedules. Reports to the Materials Manager.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Analyze and maintain target WIP levels.
- Schedule assigned commodities & production areas according to internal and external customer requirements and WIP targets.
- Maintains accurate inventory records and retention of records. Analyzes work center capacities for current and future production schedules to determine material requirements and availability to meet demands.
- Reviews and approves engineering changes of new product implementation for feasibility and schedule into the production plan for execution. Prepares all paperwork deviations, PCD’s, obsolescence, etc.
- Expedites operations that delay schedules and alter schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Coordinates maintenance and updates to item master file as necessary.
- Prepare production inventory reports.
- Responsible for cost and quality improvements of assigned parts. Participate in negotiations with Commodity Managers and/or Materials Manager.
- Creates and maintains purchase orders and releases material against purchase orders to support production plan, service part plan and work orders.
- Interface with Production, Manufacturing Engineering, Quality, Design Engineering, Materials, Accounting, Corp. Commodity management and other departments as required.
- Continuously review product/processing using lean manufacturing techniques to identify potential opportunities to emphasize improvements within material movement & inventory management.
- BS Degree or equivalent of education and experience.
- 5 - 8 years exp.
- MRP II, AS400
Please send your resume indicating the position in which you are applying, with salary requirements to: NashvilleHR@haywardnet.com.