The former leader of Brooks Instrument, Victaulic Company and Emerson Electric division to oversee global perations.... more
Company to donate safety vacuum release systems to public pools serving worthy cause that are not yet in compliance with Virginia Graeme Baker Pool & Spa Safety Act... more
Hayward is first company of its size to achieve 100% certification of field managers... more
Reporting to the Product Compliance Manager, this individual will be responsible for performing all activities required to secure new and maintain existing safety, performance, and regulatory agency certifications for Hayward Industries products. This position will interact with all product focused teams, Advanced Engineering Teams, third party partners, and outside test agencies to provide guidance and ensure designs comply with new and existing standard interpretations imposed by global approval bodies. Working cross-functionally this position will ensure that the highest level of design quality, integrity, and performance are maintained with strict adherence to Hayward Industries and all applicable regulatory agency programs, policies and procedures.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities
- Directly responsible for managing the day to day Agency certification activities for assigned projects.
- Guides Product Development Teams through all phases of the Agency certification process.
- Develops and Maintains an in-depth knowledge and understanding of all regulatory agency and performance standards applicable to Hayward Industries products.
- Facilitates training and education of Product Design Engineers in essential Agency requirements.
- Interprets standards, rulings, etc. as they apply to Hayward's products and challenge decisions when appropriate.
- Participates on Codes and Standards development committee's as appropriate.
- Working with the R&D Lab, coordinates product safety and performance testing on new and existing products to determine compliance with applicable global standards.
- Accurately evaluates test results and verifies compliance to industry standards. Generates technical summaries and reports for review by customers, both internal and external as well as regulatory agencies.
- Evaluates impact of all product changes on Agency compliance. Reviews with Product Engineers as appropriate.
- Recommends product changes for compliance with industry standards updates where appropriate.
- Initiates projects with applicable regulatory (NRTL's, Notified Bodies, etc.) and governmental agencies to secure appropriate global approvals. Follows through to completion.
- Communicates agency project status and test results to the R&D team in a timely manner.
- Conducts research and recommends regulatory compliance, safety, and performance standards for Hayward Industry products.
- Authors Process and Procedure documents to support certification programs as required.
- Coordinating with the Manufacturing and Quality production Agency Associates, assisting when needed in external audits of manufacturing facilities by safety agencies to ensure alignment and continuity of Agency direction with Compliance office.
- Participates in technical design reviews for the purposes of (a) understanding of product/project details (b) communicating / consulting what the certification requirements will be, (c) provide time and resource estimates for these projects.
- Follows all safety protocols and maintains excellent project organization.
- Reviews, updates, and ensures accuracy and correctness of all required Agency documentation.
- Assists in the design, development, and procurement of required test and measurement equipment and procedures.
- Assists with developing laboratory practices & procedures to secure and maintain agency certification and accreditation programs for the R&D Lab.
- Conducts oneself with unquestionable integrity.
- Occasional travel is required
Experience, Licenses/Certificate / and skills to perform the job
- The ideal candidate will possess 5-7years regulatory agency experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong background and previous experience testing /certifying products with electronic controls with emphasis on UL 60730, UL 873, UL 676, & UL 1563
- Must be competent with intermediate mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic principles.
- Self motivator with strong organizational skills, attention to detail and demonstrated ability to keep project teams on task is essential.
- Experience with Underwriters Laboratories Data Acceptance Program and ISO 17025a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to represent Hayward to customers, suppliers and third-party approval agencies (UL, ETL, NSF, CSA, TUV, etc.) on a professional level.
- Ability to maintain company sensitive information in strict confidence.
- Ability to research, interpret and apply worldwide standards including UL, NSF, CSA, NFPA, FCCC, and IEC/EN standards including EN60335 series to Hayward Industries products
- Working knowledge of regulatory compliance schemes: UL, CSA, CB Scheme, CE-European Directives; LVD, EMC, MSD, China CCC, Australia C-Tick, KETI, NRTL, etc.
- Experience conducting hands-on mechanical and electrical safety testing.
- Ability to interpret test results and troubleshoot test setups.
- Proven problem solving, analytical, and logical reasoning skills.
- Proficient in the use of a personal computer in a windows environment. Literate in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of how other functions impact the business
- Able to work independently and with a minimum of supervision.
BS in Electrical Engineering preferred. Other disciplines including Associates degree candidates with demonstrated equivalent related experience will be considered.
Please send your resume indicating the position in which you are applying, with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.