The former leader of Brooks Instrument, Victaulic Company and Emerson Electric division to oversee global perations.... more
Company to donate safety vacuum release systems to public pools serving worthy cause that are not yet in compliance with Virginia Graeme Baker Pool & Spa Safety Act... more
Hayward is first company of its size to achieve 100% certification of field managers... more
Hayward Industries, Inc. is the largest manufacturer of residential swimming pool equipment in the world. Headquartered in Elizabeth, New Jersey, Hayward designs and markets the Totally Hayward® System, a complete line of state-of-the-art, energy efficient residential pool equipment including pumps, filters, heaters, heat pumps, cleaners, electronic control systems, electronic chlorinators, lighting, safety equipment, Hayward Flow Control products, industrial flow control valves and components, and white goods such as skimmers, main drains and other thermoplastic pool construction fittings. Research and development are at the forefront of Hayward's short and long-term goals, while introducing industry-changing, energy-efficient products. Most importantly, Hayward will continue to seek out acquisition opportunities that enhance and expand product offerings, and strengthen global presence.
Based in our North Kingstown, RI facility, the Mechanical Engineer has the product design responsibility for the products, components, systems and sub-systems as assigned. Working cross-functionally he/she will ensure that the highest level of design quality, integrity and performance are maintained with strict adherence to all company policies and procedures.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Marketing Product Managers, electrical design, software and test engineering teams to develop pool controls, electronic chlorinators, chemical automation equipment, and underwater LED based lightshow projectors. Current products are shown at www.haywardnet.com .
- Develop product architecture, provide high level and detailed project work-breakdown estimates
- As appropriate, chair or lead technical design reviews and failure investigations.
- Provide design oversight and consultation to other team members
- Lead and complete specific product design initiatives including large system or platform projects
- Ensure consistent utilization of all Engineering Services within and outside of Rhode Island Staff Including but not limited to:
- Reliability Engineering
- Product Testing and Compliance
- HaltProduct/ System Testing
- Assist in the development of “Design Guides” for the preservation of various mechanical engineering methodologies such as injection molded part design, blow molding, pressure vessels, gearing, sheet metal, sealing etc.
- Lead by example through the execution of designs within product specification guidelines for form, fit, function, quality, produce-ability, cost and schedule.
- 10+ years in technical design capacity.
- 7-10 years Injection Molding Part Design a plus.
- Skilled at developing and delivering business presentations to non-technical staff and executives
- Possess thorough understanding of how other functions impact the business
- Expertise in many engineering processes and responsible for their effective application and improvement.
- Demonstrated experience with Product Development Processes and disciplines.
- Skilled knowledge of “Design of Experiments” techniques.
- Skilled knowledge of FMEA.
- Experience with non-linear structural and thermal FEA tools, particularly for plastics.
- Experience in Root Cause Analysis.
- High level of proficiency with 3D CAD, preferably SolidWorks.
- Skilled knowledge of finite element analysis, heat transfer and other design tools as they relate to plastics and non-linear materials.
- Ability to analyze and reduce a wide range of product data in the determination of root causes to problems.
- Skilled knowledge of 3D CAD preferably with SolidWorks
- Ability to develop product test criteria and equipment.
- Working knowledge of Quality Control/Assurance principles.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing processes, disciplines and “design for assembly” methods.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Polymer Science required.
- Six Sigma Certification a plus
Please send your resume to email@example.com. Please indicate the position you are applying for and your salary requirements.