The former leader of Brooks Instrument, Victaulic Company and Emerson Electric division to oversee global perations.... more
Company to donate safety vacuum release systems to public pools serving worthy cause that are not yet in compliance with Virginia Graeme Baker Pool & Spa Safety Act... more
Hayward is first company of its size to achieve 100% certification of field managers... more
District Sales Manager
Manages sales activities of the organization in the Lower Hudson Valley, New York territory (Kingston to Poughkeepsie). As a District Sales Manager, you will be responsible for developing new customers and driving sales throughout the territory. You will support key pool builders/dealers/distributors and work closely with the Hayward Industries sales and service forces in order to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on distributors, dealers, builders, OEM's and prospective customers to obtain new business and expand existing business.
- Advises dealers, distributors concerning sales and advertising techniques.
- Analyzes market trends and sales data to assist dealers in sales promotions for present and future business.
- Displays or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and explains features and attributes and advantages over competition.
- Reviews market analyses to determine customer requirements, volume potential, competitive pricing.
- Develops sales campaigns to achieve goals of company.
- Represents company at trade shows and association meetings to promote product.
- Coordinates between customer service, technical service, engineering and other departments as appropriate.
- Controls expenditures of personal geographic district to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Provides input and implements annual sales plan for the territory, including sales strategy, to maximize return from the territory's assigned accounts/geographic area and to meet the territory's sales quotas established by the Regional Sales Manager.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive list and profile of key accounts and contacts (direct and non-direct) in a computerized database program such as Esales.
- Prepares monthly progress reports, monthly itinerary, weekly call reports and weekly expense reports in a timely manner and submits to Regional Sales Manager.
- May be responsible for the training and management of sales trainees, sales representatives and territory sales managers.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Regional Sales Manager or Vice President of Sales.
A sustained level of sales achievement, a broad knowledge of swimming pool equipment. Working knowledge of electronic chlorine generation, and solar, gas and electric heaters is a plus. Familiarity with automated control systems, basic electricity, plumbing hydraulics and/or water chemistry is a plus. Personal computer skills and mechanical capability is essential. Must also possess a valid driver’s license and be able to drive long distances and travel by plane.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university preferred.
Please send your resume indicating the position in which you are applying, with salary requirements to: email@example.com.