The former leader of Brooks Instrument, Victaulic Company and Emerson Electric division to oversee global perations.... more
Company to donate safety vacuum release systems to public pools serving worthy cause that are not yet in compliance with Virginia Graeme Baker Pool & Spa Safety Act... more
Hayward is first company of its size to achieve 100% certification of field managers... more
Hayward Industries, Inc. is the largest manufacturer of residential swimming pool equipment in the world. Headquartered in Elizabeth, New Jersey, Hayward designs and markets the Totally Hayward® System, a complete line of state-of-the-art, energy efficient residential pool equipment including pumps, filters, heaters, heat pumps, cleaners, electronic control systems, electronic chlorinators, lighting, safety equipment, Hayward Flow Control products, industrial flow control valves and components, and white goods such as skimmers, main drains and other thermoplastic pool construction fittings. Research and development are at the forefront of Hayward's short and long-term goals, while introducing industry-changing, energy-efficient products. Most importantly, Hayward will continue to seek out acquisition opportunities that enhance and expand product offerings, and strengthen global presence.
This Chemical Engineer/Chemist position is a hands-on developer of technologies used in swimming pool water monitoring, automatic quality management and sanitization. We are seeking an individual to become our expert in the chemical properties of materials, chemical sensing, ultraviolet light disinfection, ozonation, advanced oxidation and pool & spa water chemistry. This is a key technical position for the company. This position will lead or consult on New Product Development, technology research and product line improvement projects. Based in North Kingstown, RI, he or she will have responsibility for assessing, evaluating, and integrating electrochlorination and chemical automation products and sensing components into custom products for manufacture in our plant in Rhode Island.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop new, innovative technologies for our electronic chlorine generators, advanced water treatment equipment, sensors and chemical automation equipment for the global pool and spa industry.
- Collaborate with Global Product Manager for Chemical Automation on the translation of Voice of Customer and Voice of Trade input to the design of new products
- Collaborate with product management, mechanical design, electrical design, software and test engineering teams, and external design partners
- Develop and execute laboratory protocols and test methods for design verification of new products, existing products and competitive products
- Provide design oversight and consultation to multiple product development initiatives
- Foster the development of intellectual property
- Develop relevant protocols and manage the collection of reliable product performance data from internal laboratory studies, 3rd party laboratory activities and field trials
- Proactively monitor, review, communicate and ensure compliance of Hayward’s Chemical Automation equipment with regulations set forth by EPA, PMRA and other relevant agencies in which Hayward participates
- Proactively consult with HRI’s Facility Manager on legislative compliance requirements, such as EPA’s NPDES requirements, for the discharge of chemicals from the HRI site.
- Serve as a resource for technical queries by consumers and the pool and spa trade
- 7+ years chemical engineering experience in a product development environment
- Demonstrated expertise of water chemistry
- Demonstrated expertise of electrochemistry
- Demonstrated expertise of metal corrosion and galvanometry
- Experience in analytical chemistry methods, particularly GC, MS, AA, IC
- Demonstrated experience with Product Development Processes and disciplines.
- Knowledge of industry practices in Design of Experiments, Fault Mode Effects Analysis
- Principles of advance oxidation
- Chemical sensing of pH, ORP, Chlorine, TDS etc.
- Familiarity with agency compliance for disinfection equipment and water discharge
- Pool and spa water chemistry
- Product agency certification
- Quality Control/Assurance principles.
- UV and ozone treatment of swimming pool water, drinking water or wastewater treatment
- Skilled at developing and delivering presentations to non-technical staff and executives
BS or MS in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry required.
Please send your resume to email@example.com. Please indicate the position you are applying for and your salary requirements.