The former leader of Brooks Instrument, Victaulic Company and Emerson Electric division to oversee global perations.... more
Company to donate safety vacuum release systems to public pools serving worthy cause that are not yet in compliance with Virginia Graeme Baker Pool & Spa Safety Act... more
Hayward is first company of its size to achieve 100% certification of field managers... more
Technical Service Representative
Hayward Industries, Inc. is the largest manufacturer of residential swimming pool equipment in the world. Headquartered in Elizabeth, New Jersey, Hayward designs and markets the Totally Hayward® System, a complete line of state-of-the-art, energy efficient residential pool equipment including pumps, filters, heaters, heat pumps, cleaners, electronic control systems, electronic chlorinators, lighting, safety equipment, Hayward Flow Control products, industrial flow control valves and components, and white goods such as skimmers, main drains and other thermoplastic pool construction fittings. Research and development are at the forefront of Hayward's short and long-term goals, while introducing industry-changing, energy-efficient products. Most importantly, Hayward will continue to seek out acquisition opportunities that enhance and expand product offerings, and strengthen global presence.
Based in our North Kingstown, RI facility, the Technical Service Representative will provide technical service to distributors, dealers, and homeowners on Hayward’s Goldline product line.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for handling and resolving incoming questions concerning pool product defects and replacements from customers by ascertaining the cause of the problem.
- Authorizes product repairs and replacements covered by product warranty and follows up on the problem to ensure it is handled on a timely basis to meet customer needs.
- Completes all warranty paperwork and pro-rates warranties.
- Collects service data from Field Inspection Reports and identifies trends and other areas of concern.
- Communicates potential product problems to Quality Control.
- Interfaces with Quality Control, Customer Service, the Outside Sales force, and Engineering on a regular basis.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Basic knowledge of swimming pools, plumbing, hydraulics, and electrical functions is preferred, but not required.
- Excellent communication, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Competent in use of desktop PC and related programs, including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to sit, talk, hear, stand and walk and on occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Three to five years relative experience and or training.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) preferred but not required.
- Successful completion of all job related training is required
Position requires a minimum of 2 swing shifts per month from 11:00 am to 8:00 pm.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the position you are applying for and your salary requirements.