The former leader of Brooks Instrument, Victaulic Company and Emerson Electric division to oversee global perations.... more
Company to donate safety vacuum release systems to public pools serving worthy cause that are not yet in compliance with Virginia Graeme Baker Pool & Spa Safety Act... more
Hayward is first company of its size to achieve 100% certification of field managers... more
Based in our North Kingstown, RI facility, and reporting to the Chemical Automation Engineering Team Lead, the Mechanical Engineer executes product design from concept through initial manufacturing release. Working within a cross-functionally team he/she will ensure that the highest level of design quality, integrity and performance are maintained within the framework of company policies and procedures.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
- As part of the Chemical Automation team, develop innovative electronic chlorinators, water quality sensing, and chemical automation equipment for in-ground and above-ground pools worldwide; current products are shown at www.haywardnet.com
- Apply engineering principles at a high level to the product design in feasibility and trade studies
- Execute hands-on product design with detailed calculations, simulations, CAD modeling and product testing/analysis for injection-molded plastic, sheet metal, cast/stamped parts/assemblies and specialized wiring harness assemblies.
- Work with internal resources and outside vendors and partners for product prototype development
- Chair or lead technical design reviews and team activities such as design concept brainstorming and DFMEA
- Ensure consistent utilization of Hayward Engineering Services resources such as Reliability Engineering, Product Testing and Compliance and HALT Product/System testing
- Communicate design requirements to suppliers in the form of fully detailed and tolerance production engineering drawings
- Provide detailed project status inputs to project managers as required
- 7 - 10 years in design and development of medium to high-volume consumer products (experience with water treatment products a plus)
- Experience with cross-functional rapid product design/development teams
- Demonstrated experience with the development of products from concept to final manufacture, balancing cost, performance and schedule requirements and Voice of the Customer in the design process
- High-level knowledge of design process tools and disciplines such as DFMA, FMEA and Design of Experiments
- Knowledge of hydraulic systems; experience with pumps and flow control devices a plus
- Expertise in structural/thermal/flow finite element analysis; experience with CFD a plus
- Broad knowledge of injection molding, metal working and rapid prototyping technologies
- Experience in electronics integration and packaging, including thermal management of electronics enclosures and cable routing/management
- High level of proficiency in 3D CAD tools, preferably SolidWorks; experience with PDM tools a plus
- Expertise in dimensional management, statistical tolerancing and tolerance stackup analysis using GD&T per ASME Y14.5 (2009 standard preferred)
- Experience with configuration management and the engineering change control process
- Ability to develop product test criteria and equipment requirements
- Skill in Root Cause Analysis of product testing and field failure data
- Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills; skill at developing and delivering business presentations to non-technical staff and executives
B.S. Mechanical Engineering required; M.S. Mechanical Engineering preferred.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the position you are applying for and your salary requirements.