The former leader of Brooks Instrument, Victaulic Company and Emerson Electric division to oversee global perations.... more
Company to donate safety vacuum release systems to public pools serving worthy cause that are not yet in compliance with Virginia Graeme Baker Pool & Spa Safety Act... more
Hayward is first company of its size to achieve 100% certification of field managers... more
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Automatic Cleaners)
Reporting to Hayward Pool Products Technical Manger for Automatic Pool Cleaners, the Sr. Mechanical Engineering lead for Cleaners is responsible for the mechanical engineering for the suction cleaner product category. This position will focus on new product development and large VA-VE product design responsibility for the suction Cleaner products, components, systems and sub-systems as assigned. Working cross-functionally, he/she will ensure that the highest level of design quality, integrity and performance are maintained with strict adherence to all company policies and procedures. This is a key technical position for the company.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with functions like Manufacturing Engineering and Design Quality teams to develop Automatic Swimming Pool Cleaners. Current products are shown at www.haywardnet.com.
- Collaborate with Marketing Product Manager in the development/update of 5-year Strategic Product Generation Plan, including new product development, research opportunities and product rationalization.
- As appropriate, participate or lead technical design reviews and failure investigations.
- Provide design oversight and consultation to other team members in the area of Hydro Mechanical design, computational fluid dynamics (CFD), material selection, and closure design.
- Technically Lead and complete to schedule and budget specific product design initiatives including large system or platform projects.
- Collaborate with Hayward’s Engineering Services Manager on design process development initiatives, design architectures, department workflows and structure, etc.
- Ensure consistent utilization of all Engineering Services within and outside of Clemmons Including but not limited to:
- Reliability Engineering, HALT Product/ System Testing.
- Product Testing, Qualification and Compliance to relative Agency requirements.
- Provide frequent technical assessment of situations relating to normal scope of influence.
- Lead by example through the execution of designs within product specification guidelines for form, fit, function, quality, produce-ability, cost and schedule.
- 7-10 years in technical design capacity.
- 7-10 years Injection Molded Part Design for mechanisms like gear boxes and turbines.
- Knowledge of Plastics finishing processes/technology to achieve aesthetic appearances.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of hydraulic design for water driven systems.
- Skilled knowledge of robust System Design and Development methodology.
- Expertise in many engineering processes and responsible for their effective application and improvement.
- Demonstrated experience with Product Development Processes and disciplines.
- Skilled knowledge of “Design of Experiments” techniques.
- Skilled knowledge of “Failure Mode and Effects” analysis.
- Skilled knowledge of finite element analysis, computational fluid dynamics, heat transfer and other design tools as they relate to plastics and non-linear materials.
- Ability to analyze and reduce a wide range of product data in the determination of root causes to problems.
- Skilled knowledge of 3D CAD preferably with SolidWorks
- Ability to develop product test qualification criteria and equipment.
- Working knowledge of Quality Control/Assurance principles.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing processes, disciplines and “design for assembly” methods.
- Proven problem solving ability.
- Computer literacy in the use of presentation and program management software.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
BSME or Polymer Science Degree required.
Masters Degree a plus
Green/Black Belt Certification a plus
Please send your resume indicating the position in which you are applying, with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.