The former leader of Brooks Instrument, Victaulic Company and Emerson Electric division to oversee global perations.... more
Company to donate safety vacuum release systems to public pools serving worthy cause that are not yet in compliance with Virginia Graeme Baker Pool & Spa Safety Act... more
Hayward is first company of its size to achieve 100% certification of field managers... more
Continuous Improvement Manager
Hayward Industries, Inc. is the largest manufacturer of residential swimming pool equipment in the world. Headquartered in Elizabeth, New Jersey, Hayward designs and markets the Totally Hayward® System, a complete line of state-of-the-art, energy efficient residential pool equipment including pumps, filters, heaters, heat pumps, cleaners, electronic control systems, electronic chlorinators, lighting, safety equipment, Hayward Flow Control products, industrial flow control valves and components, and white goods such as skimmers, main drains and other thermoplastic pool construction fittings. Research and development are at the forefront of Hayward's short and long-term goals, while introducing industry-changing, energy-efficient products. Most importantly, Hayward will continue to seek out acquisition opportunities that enhance and expand product offerings, and strengthen global presence.
Based in our North Kingstown, RI facility, the Continuous Improvement Manager will coordinate the activities associated with Kaizen event planning, training programs and event maintaining. Works closely with management team to develop the culture and drive the organization towards a "lean manufacturing" environment.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Work with the management team to develop and sustain a Kaizen program that supports the Hayward Global Production System (HGPS). This includes the development of quality, cost, delivery and safety boards (QCDS), and other management/supervisor aids (i.e., 5S audit, training, productivity, scrap, hour/hour, etc.
- support daily continuous improvement of all production employees and processes with a goal of employee development and elimination of waste.
- Performs Kaizen event group training, further individual training and helps develop the floor supervisory staff using Lean manufacturing principles.
- Works with staff to develop team goals and members, develop event information packages, provide team event presentations to management, and recognition awards as appropriate.
- Will be directly responsible for kaizen event 30-day follow-up and sustainment activities. This requires close interaction between the Kaizen department and both staff and shop floor personnel.
- Support other KPO facility Managers with event training, program sustainment and metrics standardization. This requires traveling to other Hayward facilities to instruct the Kaizen training and or event participation.
- Manages at least one assistant. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Kaizen Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding, disciplining and developing employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Minimum of 5 years related manufacturing experience and or training.
- Microsoft Office and a sound knowledge of business fundamentals.
Certificates & Licenses
- Lean Manufacturing Certificate and/or Green Belt Certification is preferable.
- Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) preferably in industrial or mechanical engineering.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the position you are applying for and your salary requirements.