The former leader of Brooks Instrument, Victaulic Company and Emerson Electric division to oversee global perations.... more
Company to donate safety vacuum release systems to public pools serving worthy cause that are not yet in compliance with Virginia Graeme Baker Pool & Spa Safety Act... more
Hayward is first company of its size to achieve 100% certification of field managers... more
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Hayward Industries, Inc. is the largest manufacturer of residential swimming pool equipment in the world. Headquartered in Elizabeth, New Jersey, Hayward designs and markets the Totally Hayward® System, a complete line of state-of-the-art, energy efficient residential pool equipment including pumps, filters, heaters, heat pumps, cleaners, electronic control systems, electronic chlorinators, lighting, safety equipment, Hayward Flow Control products, industrial flow control valves and components, and white goods such as skimmers, main drains and other thermoplastic pool construction fittings. Research and development are at the forefront of Hayward's short and long-term goals, while introducing industry-changing, energy-efficient products. Most importantly, Hayward will continue to seek out acquisition opportunities that enhance and expand product offerings, and strengthen global presence.
Reporting to Hayward Pool Products Principle Mechanical Engineer this Senior Engineering position has "Seed to Flower" product design responsibility for products, components, systems and sub-systems as assigned. Working globally and cross-functionally with a wide variety of organizations, and engineering disciplines he/she will assure the highest level of design quality, integrity and per-formance are maintained, not only in their designs but the designs of the more junior engineering personnel they are asked to mentor. He/she will execute their respective responsibilities with a min-imum of supervision and with strict adherence to all company policies and procedures. A key tech-nical leadership position for the company.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Marketing Product Managers, mechanical design, electrical design, software and test engineering teams to design products such as robotic pool cleaners, mechanical pool cleaners that operate with negative or positive pressure, pumps, pressure vessels, also assist in mechanical design for chemical automation equipment, and mechanical aspects to underwater LED based lightshow projectors. Current products are shown at www.haywardnet.com.
- Develop product architecture, provide high level and detailed project work-breakdown estimates
- As appropriate, chair or lead all technical design reviews and failure investigations.
- Provide design oversight and consultation to other team members
- Lead and complete specific product design initiatives including large system or platform projects
- Collaborate with Hayward's Principal Mechanical Engineer and Engineering Services Manager on design process development initiatives, design architectures, department workflows and structure, etc.
- Assist in the development of "Design Guides" for the preservation of design techniques, meth-odologies and "lessons learned".
- Provide frequent technical assessment of situations relating to normal scope of influence
- Lead by example through the execution of designs within product specification guidelines for form, fit, function, quality, produce-ability, cost and schedule.
- 7+ years in technical design capacity.
- Team Leadership experience in a process-oriented design environment
- Skilled at developing and delivering business presentations to non-technical staff and executives
- Possess thorough understanding of how other functions impact the business
- Expertise in many engineering processes and responsible for their effective application and im-provement.
- Demonstrated experience with Product Development Processes and disciplines.
- Skilled knowledge of "Design of Experiments" techniques.
- Skilled knowledge of "Failure Mode and Effects" analysis.
- Skilled knowledge of finite element analysis, heat transfer and other design tools.
- Ability to analyze and reduce a wide range of product data in the determination of root causes to problems.
- Skilled knowledge of 3D CAD preferably with SolidWorks
- Ability to develop product test criteria and equipment.
- Working knowledge of Quality Control/Assurance principles.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing processes, disciplines and "design for assembly" meth-ods.
- Proven problem solving ability.
- Computer literacy in the use of presentation and program management software.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
- BSME or Polymer Science Degree required
- Green/Black Belt certification a plus
Please send your resume to: email@example.com. Please indicate the position you are applying for and your salary requirements.