The former leader of Brooks Instrument, Victaulic Company and Emerson Electric division to oversee global perations.... more
Company to donate safety vacuum release systems to public pools serving worthy cause that are not yet in compliance with Virginia Graeme Baker Pool & Spa Safety Act... more
Hayward is first company of its size to achieve 100% certification of field managers... more
DSM - Technology Sales Specialist
Manages sales activities of the organization in a specific geographic area by performing the following duties. As a District Sales Manager - Technology Sales Specialist, this individual is responsible for developing new customers and driving sales in the North East Region (NJ, Eastern PA, and Long Island). Supports key pool builders/dealers/distributors and works closely with Hayward’s sales and technical service teams in order to ensure maximum customer satisfaction. Some overnight travel is required. Strong preference for incumbent to be located on Long Island, NY.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
Other duties may be assigned.
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on distributors, dealers, builders, OEM's and prospective customers to obtain new business and expand existing business.
- Provides additional support to sales team in the region as the technical expert on sales calls, as needed.
- Advises dealers and distributors on how to increase sales.
- Analyzes market trends and sales data to assist dealers in sales promotions for present and future business.
- Displays or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and explains features and attributes and advantages over competition.
- Reviews market analyses to determine customer requirements, volume potential, competitive pricing, and develops sales campaigns to achieve goals of company.
- Represents company at trade shows and association meetings to promote product.
- Coordinates between customer service department, technical service, engineering and other departments as appropriate.
- Controls expenditures of personal geographic district to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Provides input and implements an annual sales plan for the territory, including sales strategy, to maximize return from the territory's assigned accounts/geographic area and to meet the territory's sales quotas established by the Regional Sales Manager.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive list and profile of key accounts and contacts (direct and nondirect) in a computerized database program such as Esales.
- Prepares monthly progress reports, monthly itinerary, weekly call reports and weekly expense reports in a timely manner and submits to Regional Sales Manager.
- May be responsible for the training of sales representatives and territory sales managers.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Regional Sales Manager or Vice President of Sales.
Minimum of five years sales experience with technical or mechanical products. Must have a strong working knowledge of one or more of the following technical areas: automated control systems, basic electricity, plumbing hydraulics and/or water chemistry. Working knowledge of electronic chlorine generation, and gas/electric heaters a plus. Personal computer skills and mechanical capability is essential. Must also possess a valid driver’s license and be able to drive long distances and travel by plane.
No direct reports. May assist Regional Sales Manager in the supervision of any sales trainee, sales representative, and territory manager assigned to the region.
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university preferred
Remote (Long Island, NY)
Send resume to Eliz620HR@haywardnet.com.