The former leader of Brooks Instrument, Victaulic Company and Emerson Electric division to oversee global perations.... more
Company to donate safety vacuum release systems to public pools serving worthy cause that are not yet in compliance with Virginia Graeme Baker Pool & Spa Safety Act... more
Hayward is first company of its size to achieve 100% certification of field managers... more
Engineering Lab Technician
Hayward Industries, Inc. is the largest manufacturer of residential swimming pool equipment in the world. Headquartered in Elizabeth, New Jersey, Hayward designs and markets the Totally Hayward® System, a complete line of state-of-the-art, energy efficient residential pool equipment including pumps, filters, heaters, heat pumps, cleaners, electronic control systems, electronic chlorinators, lighting, safety equipment, Hayward Flow Control products, industrial flow control valves and components, and white goods such as skimmers, main drains and other thermoplastic pool construction fittings. Research and development are at the forefront of Hayward's short and long-term goals, while introducing industry-changing, energy-efficient products. Most importantly, Hayward will continue to seek out acquisition opportunities that enhance and expand product offerings, and strengthen global presence.
Based in our North Kingstown, RI facility, the Engineering Lab Technician will work with the engineering team to design, develop, and test new products, improve on old products while learning our competitors products.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Engineering Lab Technician will carry out test plans in the development of new products and the understanding of old products. Working cross-functionally, they will ensure that the highest level of design quality, integrity and performance are maintained with strict adherence to all company policies and procedures.
- 4+ years of experience in an Electronic Engineering Technician function
- Experience assembling / testing / debugging printed circuit boards
- Some experience in electronic motor drive or embedded software development
- Experience hand soldering through hole and surface mount components
- Experience using electronic lab equipment including volt meters, oscilloscopes, function generators, power supplies, etc
- Ability to read electronic schematics
- Experience writing up test results and lab reports
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, etc)
- Some knowledge of the concepts of electronic motor control
- Demonstrated experience participating in and performing effectively in a project team environment.
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple work assignments and changing priorities.
- Must be self motivated and reliable
- Experience with Printed Circuit Board layout
- Experience hand solder fine pitch SMD
- Familiarity with test procedures for EMI, hipot, transient, ESD, and others.
- Familiarity with agency testing - UL, CSA, IEC, etc
- Commercial motor application experience
- Familiarity with IPC standards
- Associates or Bachelors Degree in Electronics, Electronic Engineering, Engineering Technology or related experience
Please send your resume to email@example.com. Please indicate the position you are applying for and your salary requirements.