The former leader of Brooks Instrument, Victaulic Company and Emerson Electric division to oversee global perations.... more
Company to donate safety vacuum release systems to public pools serving worthy cause that are not yet in compliance with Virginia Graeme Baker Pool & Spa Safety Act... more
Hayward is first company of its size to achieve 100% certification of field managers... more
Principal Electrical Engineer - Control Automation Team Leader
Hayward Industries, Inc. is the largest manufacturer of residential swimming pool equipment in the world. Hayward designs and manufactures a complete line of state-of-the-art, energy efficient residential pool equipment including pumps, filters, heaters, heat pumps, cleaners, electronic control systems, electronic chlorinators, lighting, safety equipment, and white goods. Research and development are at the forefront of Hayward's short and long-term goals, while introducing industry-changing, energy-efficient products. Current products are shown at www.hayward.com.
The Rhode Island facility is a modern electronics design and manufacturing plant where all of Hayward’s electronic products and subsystems are developed and manufactured. This is an exceptional design environment All NPD team members are co-located including Marketing Product Managers, Finance, Supply Chain, Manufacturing Engineering, Operations, Customer Technical Services, and Design Validation Test.
We are seeking a principal level electrical engineer with leadership skill and supervisory experience. Reporting to the Director of Engineering in Rhode Island, this team leader has the responsibility to manage the product design efforts of the Control Automation Engineering Team from concept through manufacturing release. Working cross-functionally he or she will ensure that the highest level of design quality, integrity and performance are maintained. Typical products being developed by this team are fully featured Swimming Pool Automation control systems having multiple accessories, user interfaces including web site and mobile applications. Co-located with the Control Automation team are the Chemical Automation, LED Lighting and VFD motor Drive systems.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manage the product development process for the Control Automation product line, from concept to initial manufacturing release on all new products using established Stage Gate processes
- Partner with the Marketing Product Manager for Controls to define and develop innovative control automation systems and control circuits used in full – featured residential and commercial swimming pools.
- Manage a team of electrical and mechanical engineers, designers and outside engineering partners
- Provide design oversight, mentoring and consultation to other team members and ensure that elegant and innovative solutions are employed
- Partner with cross functionally with Product Management, Operations and Supply Chain and Tech Service
- Contribute and drive electrical engineering process improvements used by the community of electrical engineers across all product line teams
- Foster the development of Intellectual Property
- Ensure consistent utilization of all Engineering Services such as Reliability Engineering, Product Testing and Compliance and HALT Product/System testing
- Communicate project and product status to company stakeholders as required
- Support the Control Automation product line as a lead technical advisor
- 10+ years in product development of embedded products having high software and hardware content
- 10+ years in leading design teams from concept to final release to manufacturing
- Exceptionally strong electrical engineering expertise, with hands-on involvement with design, troubleshooting and mentoring others
- Demonstrated expertise in analog, digital and power circuit design troubleshooting, EMI and Safety compliance
- Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- Skilled at developing and delivering business presentations to non-technical staff and executives
- Experience with translating Voice of Customer input into the design process
- Skilled knowledge of “Design of Experiments” techniques
- Working knowledge of Quality Control/Assurance principles, including Six Sigma
- Ability to develop product test criteria and equipment
- Computer literacy in the use of presentation and program management software.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering required. M.S. desired.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the position you are applying for and your salary requirements.