The former leader of Brooks Instrument, Victaulic Company and Emerson Electric division to oversee global perations.... more
Company to donate safety vacuum release systems to public pools serving worthy cause that are not yet in compliance with Virginia Graeme Baker Pool & Spa Safety Act... more
Hayward is first company of its size to achieve 100% certification of field managers... more
Product Manager - Filtration
The Global Product Manager, Filtration is responsible for strategically leading this core Hayward product line in the rapidly changing business environment of energy-efficiency, ecology, swimmer health and customer convenience. The position will have primary responsibility for growing both revenue and profit of the filtration product line through strategic business and product management. This includes matrix management of cross-functional marketing, engineering, manufacturing and operations product and market development teams as an advocate for innovation and delivery of the best possible user experience. Ultimately the Global Product Manager for Filtration Technology is responsible for all successes and failures of the filtration product line. Position reports to the Vice President of Product Management.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Annually develops/updates 3-year Product Line Business Plan including top-line revenue, market share, product development, gross margin, operating income and strategies for achievement.
- Annually develops/updates 5-year Strategic Product Generation Plan, including new product development, research opportunities, acquisitions and product rationalization. Ties to 3-year Business Plan.
- Represent Hayward to the industry as the expert for all aspects of the product line, ultimately establishing him/herself and Hayward as the conspicuous Industry expert for the business.
- Leads all product line VOC efforts, becoming the product line “Voice of the Customer” representative to all internal Hayward departments.
- Researches, analyzes, and monitors financial, technological, and demographic factors to develop plans to maximize business opportunities; develops marketing programs and plans that increase revenue, profit and share.
- Monitors market changes and marketing needs, competitors' product technology changes and manufacturing processes in order to recognize market opportunities for new and expanding products as well as identifying marketing weaknesses
- Leads product line marketing activity and development for the Domestic and International markets to optimize global opportunity; develops budgets of all product line-related promotional marketing and sales plans. Determines the effectiveness and impact on the company and provides reports and presentations to management
- Manages sku rationalization of product line to minimize excess and obsolete inventory
Reports as follows exhibiting comprehensive insight and command of business performance including all financial metrics
- Monthly Top-line Business Review
- Monthly Field Response
- Quarterly POB Business Review with full P&L
- Quarterly Market Share Report
- Quarterly Competition Activity Report
- Other business and product related reports as necessary
- Develops and recommends pricing strategy for the product lines which will result in maximizing profitability as measured by revenue, margin $s and margin %
- Maintains competitive price/discount matrix for price analysis
- Maintains price list/terms of sale information
- Works closely with Marketing and VPs of Sales and Product Management developing special programs for product lines
- Develops and maintains forecast for all products
- Responsible for forecast accuracy to establish goal; monitors and reports monthly on forecast accuracy
- Delivers market segmentation analysis; market trends and opportunity analysis
New Product Development:
- Is the “champion” of all new product development for filtration technology
- Team member for all filtrationproduct development projects
- Responsible for the successful on-time, on-budget launch of new products
- Directly responsible for all Marketing deliverables of HDLS process, including Scoreboard, VOC, and CAR
- Develops/updates HDLS 5 year product plan
- Champions new product idea generation supporting growth of the business
- Responsible for internal and field training plan for product line
- In combination with Marketing Communications team, develops annual plan and budget for all marketing collateral, events and product-specific programs including advertising, literature and trade shows in context of overall sales strategy and budget
- Supports all Marcom efforts with timely direction or approval of product-specific collateral
- Minimum 5 years product management experience relative to water filtration technology
- Extensive experience in new product development and introduction
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Strong business management and reporting skills
- Solid understanding of marketing, engineering, and sales functions
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Strategic planning capability
- Strong presentation skills with ability to communicate to sales, customers, and executive team
- Ability to lead without direct authority
- Excellent communication skills
Bachelor's degree in Marketing/Business Management or Engineering; MBA preferred
Other Skills and Abilities:
Computer proficiency in Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, MS Project, Digital Marketing a plus
Location and Travel:
Position is based in Clemmons (paid relocation available), NC and requires 25%-35% travel. Travel includes to/from Hayward manufacturing facilities, R&D partners, trade shows and customers globally.
Please send your resume indicating the position in which you are applying, with salary requirements to: Eliz620HR@haywardnet.com